Terms of Service09.14.2022
Underpin, Inc. (“KEES,” “we,” “us,” “our”) provides its services (described below) to you through its mobile applications and related services (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Site, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (as amended from time to time, the “Terms of Service”). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms of Service at any time. If we do this, we will post the changes on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. We will also notify you, either through the Services user interface, in an email notification or through other reasonable means. Any such changes will become effective no earlier than seven (7) days after they are posted, except that changes addressing new functions of the Services or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately.
Your continued use of the Service after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Terms of Service, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Service. It is your responsibility to regularly check the Site to determine if there have been changes to these Terms of Service and to review such changes.
ACCESS AND USE OF THE SERVICE
The KEES Service is designed to allow users to meet and communicate with other users and members or learn and practice Korean and any languages from around the world, and other functions, from a mobile application and/or website.
Your Registration Obligations
Member Account, Password and Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify KEES of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service and/or lock and password protect the device used to access the Service. KEES will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Modifications to Service
KEES reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that KEES shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
You acknowledge that KEES may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other Content will be retained by the Service and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on KEES’s servers on your behalf. You agree that KEES has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that KEES reserves the right to terminate accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time.
You further acknowledge that KEES reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
The Service includes certain services that are available via a mobile device, including (i) the ability to browse the Service and the Site from a mobile device and (ii) the ability to access certain features through an application downloaded and installed on a mobile device (collectively, the “Mobile Services”). To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices.
CONDITIONS OF USE
Your Rights and Grant of Rights in the Content: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos, may be protected by intellectual property laws. You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyrights or trademarks) for any such content that you create and share on KEES. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a 'license') to use this content. This is solely for the purpose of providing and improving our Products. Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly
perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on KEES, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others, (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other KEES Products you use. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems by either you or KEES. When content is deleted, it’s no longer visible to other users.
User Conduct: You are solely responsible for all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“Content”) that you upload, post, publish or display (hereinafter, “Post”) or email or otherwise transmit or use via the Service. The following are examples of the kind of content and/or use that is illegal or prohibited by KEES. KEES reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in KEES’s sole discretion, violates this provision,including without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Service, suspending or terminating the account of such violators and reporting you to the law enforcement authorities. You agree to not use the Service to Post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that:
- ① is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexual, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- ② infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party;
- ③ constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- ④ contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- ⑤ in the sole judgment of KEES, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose KEES or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- ⑥ impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- ⑦ solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- ⑧ harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- ⑨ advertises/markets a product or service, an individual’s personal page, social account, or contact information, contributions/donations or any form of solicitation, or repetitive posts that either have no useful value or are against our community guidelines;
- ⑩ interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- ⑪ or violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- ⑫ further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- ⑬ or obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service.
To make your experience as authentic as possible, and to ensure that all our users are interacting with real people, we may ask you to confirm your identity by verifying your email address or mobile phone number. We do not recommend opening multiple accounts, especially as it is not possible to merge or share data between two or more accounts when you sign in to our app. We also reserve the right to refuse any new account registrations if we find that you have previously registered for an account and your original or older account was permanently suspended for violating these terms of service.
In order to maintain a safe environment and empower free expression, we remove accounts that are harmful to the community, including those that compromise the security of other accounts and our services. We utilize a combination of automated and manual systems
to block and remove accounts that are used to persistently or flagrantly abuse our community standards. We want to make sure that the content people are seeing on KEES is authentic. We believe that authenticity creates a better environment for sharing, and that having people on KEES who misrepresent themselves would harm the open environment.
- ⦁ providing any false personal information or creating an account for anyone other than yourself without permission;
- ⦁ using a name, user ID, nickname, or self-introduction that does not abide by our name policies;
- ⦁ using a profile picture that does not abide by our picture policies, including, but not limited to, company logos, political figures, or other celebrities' photos;
- ⦁ providing a false date of birth, incorrect nationality, or native language;
- ⦁ creating a single account that represents or is used by more than one person;
- ⦁ maintaining multiple accounts as a single user;
- ⦁ being compromised;
- ⦁ being empty accounts with prolonged dormancy;
- ⦁ using multiple KEES accounts;
- ⦁ misusing KEES's reporting systems to harass others;
- ⦁ concealing a Page’s purpose by misleading users about the ownership or control of that Page.
You acknowledge that KEES reserves the right to charge for any portion of the Service and to change its fees (if any) from time to time in its discretion. You agree to pay all fees when due in accordance with the terms set forth on the Site.
Payment through the Service
KEES offers certain enhanced features of the Services which you can purchase in a variety of terms including, but not limited to, a month, one year, monthly auto-recurring, yearly auto-recurring, and lifetime subscription (“Subscription”). A description of features associated with Subscriptions is available via the Services. The amounts due and payable by you for a Subscription that you purchase through the Services will be presented to you before you place your order. If you choose to purchase a Subscription via the Services, you agree (a) to pay the applicable fees and any taxes; (b) that KEES may charge your credit card for verification, pre-authorization and payment purposes if you purchase via the site, or if you purchase via the App, charge your account with the app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App is made available (each, an “App Provider”); and (c) to bear any additional charges that your App Provider, bank or other financial service provider may levy on you as well as any taxes or fees that may apply to your order. You’ll receive a confirmation email after we confirm the payment for your order. Your order is not binding on KEES until accepted and confirmed by KEES. All payments made are non-refundable and non-transferable except as expressly provided in these Terms.
Renewal and Cancellation of Subscriptions
All amounts are payable and charged: (i) for one-off purchase (i.e. lifetime Subscription), at the time you place your order; and (ii) For monthly, yearly, or other auto-recurring subscriptions, at the beginning of the subscription and, because each such subscription renews automatically for an additional period equal in length to the expiring subscription term until you cancel it, at the time of each renewal until you cancel. You must cancel your monthly or yearly Subscription before it renews to avoid the billing of the fees for the next Subscription period. If you purchase your Subscription via the Site, you can cancel the renewal of your subscription at any time by contacting us by email at KEES@underpin.kr If you purchase your Subscription via an.
App Provider, you can cancel the renewal of your subscription with the App Provider. You will not receive a refund for the fees you already paid for your current subscription period and you will continue to receive the Services ordered until the end of your current Subscription period.
If you have any concerns or objections regarding charges, you agree to raise them with us first and you agree not to cancel or reject any credit card or App Provider charges unless you have made a reasonable attempt at resolving the matter directly with KEES.
KEES reserves the right to not process or to cancel your order in certain circumstances, for example, if your credit card is declined, if we suspect the request or order is fraudulent, or in other circumstances KEES deems appropriate in its sole discretion. KEES also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take steps to verify your identity in connection with your order. KEES will either not charge you or refund the charges for orders that we do not process or cancel.